Sep 10, 2010

Correction: Astrue Has Been To Obama White House

I blundered in saying that Commissioner Astrue had not been to the White House during the Obama Administration. He has been there several times. Thanks to Social Security's Press Office for setting me straight. I would plead that the White House visitor database is far from user friendly but I should have double-checked something that seemed so surprising to me. I expected that the Commissioner of Social Security would be invited to certain receptions and to have at least occasional meetings with the Office of Management and Budget and perhaps to go to other meetings concerned with the implementation of new policies and legislation. It turns out that my expectations were correct while my ability to understand the White House visitor log database was faulty.

I wish I could have corrected this earlier in the day but this is a blog. I am a practicing attorney. My client's hearings must come first.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God you admitted to being wrong.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you pay a little more attention to detail when representing your claimants. You biased against Astrue, you you don't even know and are clearly jealous, came through loud and clear with your "mistake."

Anonymous said...

I wonder how long these comments will stay before getting deleted. Should change "Leave your comment" to Leave comments I agree with.

Anonymous said...

Did I miss something? Looks to me that Mr. Hall owned up to a mistake. What's wrong with that? Don't you all make mistakes sometimes? Don't you admire folks who own up to their mistakes? I've read this blog quite awhile now and find it useful and informative. It seems recently though some of the comments have gotten pretty caustic. If you disagree with Mr. Hall, start your own blog.

Anonymous said...

I don't understand being criticized for owning up to one's mistake. There seem to so few folks who admit their own human error around.