Dec 5, 2014

Colvin Defends Herself

     Here's Colvin defending herself against charges that there's somethintg illegal about a contract her agency is administering:
I've always met the highest ethical standards," ... I've worked in government my entire life. There's never been a suggestion, personal or professional, of any wrongdoing.
I'm certainly not ending my career with that, .. I came out of retirement to help this organization, not hurt it. ...
Colvin noted that the project was launched "way before I got here," ...
That's what I do, I'm a problem-fixer," ... Every organization I've gone into I try to identify what the vulnerabilities are and try to fix them. ...
     If Republicans want to block this nomination, they can. There's no need to cast ridiculous aspersions on a person who has done nothing wrong. Colvin has served Social Security and other agencies honorably.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

None of us know (including you) whether Colvin has done anything wrong. Also, it is the SSA IG that is raising questions about the computer contract. In case you did not notice, the current Senate Finance Committee chair, Democrat Wyden, wants Colvin to answer more questions before her nomination is voted upon.

Anonymous said...

Forget the silliness about the computer program, if Colvin, the IG's Office, Congress or the media was truly interested in ferreting out unethical conduct -- rather than scoring political points -- and truly helping the Agency and the American people, the investigation would begin with ODAR top management and how they distorted the disability adjudication process. It is their policies, particularly their blind push for production, which they know requires judges, who try to comply with the production goal, to give the files only cursory reviews, give short hearings, and fail to give the claimants their right to a full and fair hearing.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.