Assuming that Acting Commissioner Colvin submits her resignation at the end of President Obama's term of office as expected, here is the order of succession to become Acting Commissioner of Social Security:
- Deputy Commissioner for Operations Nancy Berryhill
- Deputy Commissioner for Budget, Finance, Quality, and Management Michelle King
- Deputy Commissioner for Systems Robert Kloop
- Regional Commissioner, Atlanta Rodney Taylor
- Regional Commissioner, Dallas Sheila Everett
Note that this order of succession could be altered by President Obama before he leaves office or by Donald Trump after he takes office.