Feb 8, 2006

Grassley: "I have no plans to pursue these proposals"

The Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, Charles Grassley, did not mince words in reacting to the proposals in the President's Budget Proposal to end the Lump Sum Death Payment and to cut off child's benefits to children age 16 to 18 who are not in school. Here are some quotes from the Associated Press:
The administration didn't consult with me on these proposals. Even if someone had, I'd be hard-pressed to give them a second look ... I can't see how ending a pittance for widows and widowers, and modest benefits for kids who have lost a parent, would be good policy decisions. ... I have no plans to pursue these proposals

1 comment:

Paul Davidson said...

Just in case anyone needs to fill out an application for lump-sum death payment form, I found a blank form in this site PDFfiller. This site also has several related forms that you might find useful.