May 10, 2008

Message To The Troops

This e-mail message went out to many Socal Security personnel on Friday:

This is a message from Linda McMahon, the Deputy Commissioner for Operations, to all Operations employees. You receive these messages from time to time because the DCO wants to communicate her views to you personally.

I waited until now to send this note so I can be the last person to acknowledge you during Public Service Recognition Week. However, I have been thinking about you and the great job you do all week -- and every day before this week as well!

I testified before the Senate Finance Committee yesterday on the challenges we are experiencing in our field offices, and I know those challenges are duplicated throughout Operations. I was proud to talk about your dedication, service commitment and hard work, and I was most gratified when Senator Baucus, Chairman of the Finance Committee, closed the hearing by acknowledging the terrific job all of you do under extremely difficult circumstances.

Despite the shortage of resources, the myriad policy changes, and the ever-increasing number of people coming to us for help, you have better than held your own. You have demonstrated through your actions that service is much more than the work one person does for another. It is, in fact, the relationship that you have with the public and with each other. It's obvious to me that you take those relationships seriously, and that is the key ingredient to our success.

I hope you took time this week to appreciate each other and celebrate your contributions. As always, thanks for what you accomplish every day. Happy Public Service Recognition Week!

Linda

No comments: