Jun 16, 2008

Results Of Last Week's Unscientific Poll

One person wondered why they saw an ad for one Presidential candidate when they registered their vote in this poll. The reason is that I am cheap. The online provider that I used for the polling services provides it either for free or for a charge. Since I am cheap, I use the free service. But we know there is no free lunch. The "price" of the free service is advertising. Usually, the ad has nothing to do with the poll and is mostly ignored. One of the presidential candidates happened to be advertising on this polling service at the time the questioner voted in the poll, which may have seemed a bit startling, but I had nothing to do with the placement of the ad. Interestingly, when I went to retrieve the poll results this morning, the ad that came up was for the other Presidential candidate!

If the election were held today, who would get your vote for President of the United States?
Robert Barr, Libertarian Party (10) 7%
John McCain, Republican Party (37) 27%
Ralph Nader, Independent (2) 1%
Barack Obama, Democratic Party (89) 64%

Total Votes: 138

No comments: