Dec 21, 2007

Commissioner's Holiday Message

A broadcast e-mail:
From: ^Commissioner Broadcast
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2007 2:44 PM
Subject: COMMISSIONER'S BROADCAST--12/21/07

A Message To All SSA And DDS Employees

Subject: Holiday Message

I want to take this opportunity to wish each of you and your families a wonderful holiday season. I hope that your holidays are filled with happiness and cheer.

I also want to share some important budget news. As you may have heard by now, Congress has filled the SSA stocking more fully this year than it has in a long time. Congress has passed, and we expect the President to sign, an appropriations bill giving the agency $150 million more than the Presidents original request. Late in the process we also gained some flexibility we didn't anticipate relating to program integrity work. We will get more information out to you after the new year.

I have just arrived back in Boston, and I'm looking forward to spending time with family for a little while. We have had a good finish to a good year, and I hope that you all have a chance to unwind and relax for a while!

So, as we celebrate this welcome budget news and the holiday season, let me thank you all for the extraordinary work you have accomplished this year. May you and yours have a happy, healthy new year.

Michael J. Astrue

Commissioner

No comments: