Sep 10, 2020

It's Not Easy Seeing Green

     Last week I downloaded a newly issued decision by an Administrative Law Judge. Unlike any ALJ decision I've ever seen this one had a green background, much like this post, except that the entire pages were green, which I can't do with Blogger.

    Can anyone tell me why this happened? I've wondered whether in Social Security's system drafts appear internally in green and this one somehow got posted in a draft form. However, as I think about it, that doesn't make sense because this is hard to read at best and for some with color blindness (which isn't rare) it may be impossible to read. Can anyone give me an explanation?

     There's always something new at Social Security.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Work from Home.

Anonymous said...

I can't give you an explanation but I can tell you system drafts are not green

Anonymous said...

The New Green Deal.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I have very minor colorblindness, (red/green) and I can't read that. It looks more brown, and the words "sink" into the color. You are absolutely right on the colorblind problem.

Anonymous said...

Might be incorrect use of MS Word "track changes". Some writers use it to find out what ALJs change about their drafts in edit. That would turn affected paragraphs green.

Anonymous said...

I suspect you received one of my decisions. I have trouble reading the bright, white, screens. I frequently change the color of the decision for proofing and review. I (almost) always remember to switch them back to "no color" before signing them. The bright green screen is, I agree, a bit too bright. Usually, I use a dull blue or green. The decisions are not supposed to go out in color. I suspect you will never see this happen again.