Mar 7, 2021

New Musculoskeletal Listings To Go Into Effect In Less Than A Month Unless Blocked

      The harsh new musculoskeletal Listings are scheduled to go into effect on April 2. The Biden Administration could delay implementation or even kill these changes altogether. However, there has been no sign so far of anything that would derail the new Listings. 

     I fear that these changes now seems too much like mere housekeeping. I don't think they will seem that way if implemented.

     I'm curious. Has Social Security been training staff on the new musculoskeletal Listings?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This affects me. I just don't see how a doctor or SSA can just ignore a constant, painful limp, even after corrective surgery. If they see the claimant walk that way, and deny them based on the new listings, well... there's going to be a lot of ALJ's making medical decisions. If you can't walk properly, that is a disability. This affects more than just me, who wants to hire someone that can't walk or sit without being in pain. An employee that must pace the office hourly for at least 30 minutes? I don't see that working, even in a call center type setting. There will be soooo many appeals, lawyers and a big mess. I hope they strike this down...it will create MORE of mess at SSA on all levels.