Apr 4, 2022

It Rings And Rings And Rings

      From KFOR:

Oklahomans in need of new Social Security cards claim they can’t get the help they need, but federal officials say more aid will soon be available. 

Between 12-hour nursing shifts and caring for two kiddos, Mikyla Cartwright stays quite busy. 

But lately, much of her free time has been spent on the phone, fighting to find her four month old’s information. 

Her son, Xander, was born back in November. Mikayla tells KFOR she opted for the hospital to file for Xander’s Social Security card.

For whatever reason though, the card never came. Come tax time, Mikyla grew concerned and decided to file for Xander’s Social Security card herself.

When she stopped by her local office, she said the door was locked. Mikyla called the number on the door, which didn’t help. 

“Longest I was ever on hold was two days, I mean two working days,” said Mikyla. “It just rings, it rings and rings and rings.” …

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in Oklahoma. I lost my Social Security card and found out I couldn't get a replacement online. I then called Social Security and waited on hold for a couple hours and someone told me the offices are closed and that I'd have to mail my actual driver's license to them and they'd mail it back. LOL, I am not going to give my last surviving piece of indentity away like that in hopes that they will return it. The told me to call local office phone number to see about getting an appointment. I waited on hold for 4 1/2 hours and they never answered.. and disconnected me. I still don't have my social security and no clue what to do.

Anonymous said...

WFH is fine, everything is getting done, there is no downside. For two years I have heard it, so it must be true...right. I mean, thats what they say, they wouldnt lie to us.

Anonymous said...

The agency just announced that all field offices are reopening for service, with and without an appointment on 4/7/22.

What will you guys complain about now?

Anonymous said...

Well, good news. You can take off work and go stand in line starting 04/07/22!

Anonymous said...

@11:09am

"The lines are too long! I sat in line for 6 hours in the rain!"

"People were coughing and hacking in the lobby. People should be told to leave."

"Why are there so few window's open? Doesn't anyone want to work anymore?"

Probably something about how they still could not get their card because people have this asinine belief that a birth certificate proves identity or that a paper driver's license is good enough.

Anonymous said...

11:09 Incompetency.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully OK residents push their state legislators and governor to move to Real ID so people can request replacement cards through mySSA. Glad the FOs are reopening but it would still be good if people didn't all have to go in person to replace a card. Not sure what happened with the baby in the story though--enumeration at birth is usually pretty fast!

Anonymous said...


I returned to work at my SSA office yesterday for the first time in two years.
As I expected, I accomplished less productive work in the office yesterday, than what I could have accomplished at home.

Anonymous said...

I guess they will have to close the offices because everyone retired or used the super amazing wonder skills to score soft easy mega pay jobs outside of SSA.

Barry said...

I’m not retiring just because I have to come in to the office one day a week.

But If they change it to come in more than one day, I’m walking.