From KFVS:
A southeast Missouri man who threatened employees of the Social Security Administration twice in 2025 was sentenced on Tuesday, July 28 to a year and a day in prison.
According to a news release from the prosecuting attorney, 57-year-old Timothy Wells Stevens will be on supervised release for two years after his release from prison.
Stevens is accused of threatening SSA employees in October 2025.
According to the news release, Stevens told one SSA employee in Pennsylvania that if he didn’t receive payments, “I’m comin’ gunning for you all.” …
4 comments:
This will be the tip of the iceberg if legislators don’t get their act together prior to 2032. . A 22% across the board cut in benefits would create chaos at local offices everywhere. SSA employees would demand additional pay and security guards in order to do their jobs. There are too many low paying entry jobs in the agency to attract talented employees.
Mental health is a major problem in our country... no excuse for what he did. A person without mental health problems would have had some words to say, I am sure. They just would have chosen them differently.
Threatening a Social Security Administration (SSA) employee can result in federal fines and up to 10 years in prison, depending on the severity of the threat under laws like 18 U.S.C. § 115 and Social Security Act § 1129B.
I worked 40+ years at the TSC. Lost count of all the threats I documented that coworkers got. Am glad that eventually calls were recorded that I could forward to OIG!
Post a Comment