Jun 25, 2007

Want To Be A Blogger?

I am starting a separate group blog for others interesting in blogging on Social Security issues. Read on if you might be interested in being one of the bloggers on this group blog.

I have commented here about the relatively small number of blogs on the topic of Social Security. With over 50,000 employees at Social Security, perhaps 15,000 to 20,000 at the state disability determination agencies, 3,000 plus attorneys and non-attorneys actively engaged in representing Social Security claimants, and millions of Social Security claimants and beneficiaries, one might expect a more active Social Security blogging community. There is a message board for those who represent Social Security claimants and another message board for those interested in issues concerning Social Security's Administrative Law Judges and an online group for Social Security claimants, but these are far from covering the waterfront of those who are interested in Social Security topics.

Perhaps, you have thought about blogging about Social Security, but did not think anyone would read what you had written. Perhaps you did not want to start a blog because you did not think you would be able to post on a regular basis. Perhaps, you just did not know where to start. A group blog helps with all of these problems.

If you are interested, use the feedback button on the right side of this page to e-mail me. You can post under your own name or under a screen name. (Just do not post from your office if you are a Social Security employee.) I could use a number of bloggers for this group blog with differing backgrounds and viewpoints. After some minor formalities, I authorize you to post on the group blog. You then post what you want, when you want to post it.

Remember, although I will not be posting on this group blog myself, I still own it. I can take down offensive posts and ban those who post them. In the end, on this group blog, I make the rules, I interpret the rules, I can change the rules whenever I want and I enforce the rules. There is no right of appeal. Of course, you can always start you own individual blog anytime you want and put up with essentially no rules.

No comments: