Jan 30, 2021

Claimants Can Now Access Their Case Documents

      From Social Security's Update Newsletter:

Social Security Disability Insurance and Supplemental Security Income beneficiaries with a my Social Security account can now access case documents through the Message Center of their my Social Security account.

Please let your clients know they must contact the local Social Security office, hearings office, or Appeals Council branch where their case is pending to request that a copy of their case documents be sent to their my Social Security Message Center. Also, remind them to turn on my Social Security Message Center notifications at www.ssa.gov/myaccount so they can receive an email or text when the documents are available. You can learn more about this new feature at www.ssa.gov/appeals/electronic_case_document.html.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot get on the AR ERE site all day today. Is it just me?

Anonymous said...

Any time they introduce new functionality it invariably results in disruption of existing services. Hopefully, it will settle down in the next few days.

Anonymous said...

AR ERE continues to be down today. ALJs are gonna love it when I have to ask for postponements because I cannot access my client's exhibit folder this week.

Anonymous said...

8:40 if you are waiting to the last minute you are doing a disservice to your Claimants, and they should not be delayed because of your incompetence.

Anonymous said...

@ 3:11PM 8:40AM here. Get off your high horse. You know nothing about my level of preparation. SSA will often upload items into the electronic record the day before or the day of the hearing, thus it is imperative to have access to the file at that time. You can go @5$7 yourself my friend.

Anonymous said...

Must have hit the nail on the head

Anonymous said...

that escalated quicklyl

Anonymous said...

543 is a true professional. Just what I expect for $6000