Apr 27, 2021

What's Up?


      I have written about Social Security failing for over a year to update the numbers it made publicly available on payments of attorney fees. They've finally posted those numbers. However, Social Security has stopped updating a much more important set of numbers, those on the number of disability claims filed and approved. These had been regularly updated each month until the end of 2020. Since then, nothing. As I say, this is a much more important set of numbers, especially now with people wondering about the effects of the pandemic.

     What's up?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Send an email to actuary@ssa.gov. The Office of the Chief Actuary at SSA is an incredibly talented and reputable group. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for the disability claim data not being updated.

Anonymous said...

When I go to the linked page (at https://www.ssa.gov/OACT/STATS/dibStat.html) I see data through March 2021.

Anonymous said...

What is up? Perhaps a world wide pandemic? Hmmmmmmm.....

Anonymous said...

He may be referring to ALJ disposition data, which was updated monthly for the last 10-12 years...until last October.

Anonymous said...

ALJ disposition data is current through 3/26/21.

Anonymous said...

I'm seeing what 10:41 sees. The link in the original post actually shows monthly data through the end of first quarter 2021. I don't know what he's talking about here, as I see all the months of disabled worker beneficiary statistics until this month.

Hall & Rouse, P.C. said...

The updated numbers were added a few hours after I posted about the problem. Maybe this would have happened at the same time anyway. Maybe it was in response to my post. I'm just glad the numbers were updated.

Anonymous said...

@8:34 AM...if they just posted AFTER you posted the problem, it could mean that you have a lot of "eyes" on your blog