Jun 24, 2013

Error In Blast E-Mail From SSA

     I received this e-mail from Social Security today, probably because I have set up a MySSA account:

Affordable Health Care
Need health insurance or know someone who does?  Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, more Americans now qualify to get coverage that fits their needs and budgets.  Visit the Health Insurance Marketplace at www.HealthCare.gov or call 1-800-318-2596 to get more information.  If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you may call 1-855-889-4325.
 
     What you see if you try to go to the HealthCare.gov link is not HealthCare.gov but a Social Security website asking that you enter the "Word of the Day." I think somebody made a mistake. I wonder how many people got this e-mail with a bad link.

     Update: They're resent the e-mail with the correct link.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The word of the day is "snafu"

Anonymous said...

If the link deals with the ACA, then the word of the day is "Obamacare"

Anonymous said...

I have a MySSA account and I didn't get this email blast.