From a press release issued by the American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE), the union that represents most employees of the Social Security Administration:
Hundreds of union activists from the American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) will rally at the Minneapolis Social Security Field Office Wednesday, Aug. 27 to shed light on the Social Security Administration’s plan to close virtually every field office in Minnesota and across the country ...
When: 3:00 p.m. CDT Wednesday, August 27
Where: Minneapolis SSA Field Office; 1811 Chicago Ave, Minneapolis, Minn.
- AFGE National President J. David Cox Sr.
- House Democratic Whip Rep. Steny Hoyer
- Senator Al Franken (Invited)
- U.S. Representative Rick Nolan
- U.S. Representative Keith Ellison (Invited)
- U.S. Representative Betty McCollum (Invited)
- Minneapolis Social Security Beneficiary Marie Milsten-Fiedler
- Labor activists and Social Security employees who provide vital public services