Jun 24, 2021

If You Want Social Security Service, Fly Off To The Caribbean!

      From a press release:

... A representative from the Federal Benefits Unit at the US Embassy in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic will be available at the Embassy in L’Anse Aux Epines, St George [Grenada] to discuss all social security matters, including non receipt of payments, direct deposits, social security applications, retirement applications and general inquiries, by appointment only from 29 June to 2 July. ...
     I think the Federal Benefits Units people are employed by State Department. In any case, it seems odd that a U.S. citizen can get an appointment to discuss Social Security matters with a federal employee at a U.S. Embassy overseas but the same U.S. citizen can't get a similar appointment with Social Security in the U.S.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw a notice at the US Navy HQ in London that Social Security would be at the embassy the nest day for consultations. Tough duty but someone had to do it!

Anonymous said...

I have case approved in January and still no PERC interview. Every time we call, it has been reassigned. Perhaps we can get a ticket and finally get this done.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it sucks. People have quit or retired rather than go back to the office. I just had quite a few unworked allowances from months ago just assigned to me.

I’m working them now but not going to get to my own till further down the road because these are “priority” cases now. I guess my own will be a “priority” when they get a few months old.

Anonymous said...

I have several large Attorney Fee Petitions or appeals of Attorney Fee decisions locked up at the Regional Chief ALJ's office. I cannot find out the status of my cases. When I call I sometimes get a receptionist. The receptionist says that he cannot tell me about the cae. He then sends my call to a random worker who apparently is at home. I never get to talk to a live person. I do leave voice messages but the calls are never returned.

There is quite a bit of money involved. One Fee Petition was filed in march 2020. Another one was filed in September 2020.

Letters, FAXES, and phone calls have not worked. Earlier this week I contacted my Congressman for help. My request to the Congressman included a plea to just have someone call me.

The main excuse is COVID. My answer is that I am dealing with the problems from COVID.