Jul 28, 2024

Off Topic: Salted Peanuts In Coke Or Pepsi


     It's a slow time for Social Security news. Let me go off topic. The local newspaper did a story on the old North Carolina thing of dumping a pack of salted peanuts into a cold Coke or Pepsi. I saw that a lot when I was a boy and enjoyed doing it. I don't think I ever saw a girl, much less a woman, do it and not many grown men. I haven't seen it in years but I'm not around boys that much. I've never known how widespread a custom this is or was.

    It's actually pretty good. You get great contrasts between salty and sweet and between liquid and crunchy.

    I'm curious. Is this something you ever did? Ever saw it done?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heard of it, but never tried. Coke and peasants separately are a fine snack, but together? Nah.

Anonymous said...

Peanuts in coffee was something my boss in the military did. Alabama thing he said.

Anonymous said...

No Social Security stories? How about this story?

The New York Times
Kids? A Growing Number of Americans Say, ‘No, Thanks.’