Dec 16, 2010

A Couple Of Nuggets

Nancy Shor, the executive director of the National Organization of Social Security Claimants Representatives (NOSSCR), spoke recently at a continuing legal education seminar put on by the Disability Advocacy Section of North Carolina Advocates for Justice. Here are a couple of news items from her presentation:
  • There are now four pilots on providing encrypted CDs to attorneys representing Social Security claimants.
  • Social Security expects to provide online access to cases pending at the Appeals Council by the middle of 2011 -- to attorneys who have been registered by Social Security for online access.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm becoming very upset that I have to wait for online access until my local ODAR office sees fit to schedule me to qualify for it. Just because I was not able to attend a NOSSCR conference, nor to drive to a regional SSA location on a one-day sign up event, I have to wait around. I know other, non-attorney reps, who have been representing claimants for only a fraction of my 20-plus years that have the access, simply by virtue of showing up at a conference.

Anonymous said...

Is there any plan to allow reps to get access to claimant's files at the ic or recon level if we are the properly appointed rep?