Apr 21, 2020

Dependents Won't Get Stimulus Payments Unless Their Parent Files "Tax Return" By Tomorrow!

     Earlier we had been told that those receiving dependent children's benefits from Social Security would receive economic stimulus payments, that the Treasury could get enough information from the Social Security Administration to pay them. Now, Treasury and Social Security are putting out press releases saying the kids won't be paid unless a parent files an online tax return and that this tax return must be filed by tomorrow!
     Who gave Treasury the right to impose an impossible deadline on millions of people? Why is this implementation such a mess? A lot of people won't get money they're due because of this incompetence.

2 comments:

Michaelv2525.mv@gmail.com said...

This might be irrelevant. But i accidentally efiled my information to ssa instead of filling the non filers form. I did the free efile and it says i have a 0$ return. Is that good enough information for them to send me the stimulus? I just dont know. I feel like a straight idiot for screwing it up.. leave it to me.. it at least has my info and my address?

Anonymous said...

Just another arbitrary hoop to hurdle. Shameless.